SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
The Senior Maintenance Technician candidate is dependable and self-motivated. The candidate is expected to assist with the daily maintenance of the portfolio and work closely with the entire property team to further DCLT’s culture of service. The Senior Maintenance Technician is extremely organized, detailed-oriented, and excellent at troubleshooting. The SMT completes service tickets including (but not limited to) plumbing, carpentry, appliances, cooling and heating systems, and other routine requests. The ideal candidate has superb customer service skills; strong communication and teamwork skills; good administrative skills and computer literacy required. A commitment to maintaining high quality affordable housing is essential.
- Perform basic carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and appliance duties.
- Ensures service requests are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance and turns/make-ready of units.
- Maintain building materials and supply inventory/Maintain building system inventory.
- Work closely with all members of the property management, maintenance, and projects team.
- Coordinate and communicate with contractors, vendors, and residents.
- Coordinate with property management and maintenance staff to resolve problems.
- Assists in conducting routine and periodic property inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns. Utilizes inspection checklist.
- Communicates concerns about the physical needs of the properties to management.
- Respond to routine calls for maintenance from DCLT residents.
- Perform regular maintenance inspections of all DCLT rental property.
- Perform or manage necessary repairs generated from service calls or inspections.
- Utilize mobile work order system with smartphone and/or tablet
- Supports cost-cutting & expense control programs.
- Assists in maintaining grounds and keeping properties in good repair.
- Attend and participate in safety meetings, OSHA, and required trainings.
- Oversee assigned turnovers and renovation work.
- Perform initial walk-through and punch list items with new residents.
- Provide ongoing home maintenance education to DCLT residents.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Sr. Manager of Property & Sales.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid NC Driver’s License (required).
- Personal transportation (required).
- HVAC & EPA Certified (required)
- General computer literacy/knowledge of Microsoft Office products (required).
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, twist and lift up to 25lbs.
Hours, Salary and Benefits:
Position works 37.5 hours, Monday-Friday. Competitive Salary. Competitive benefits package.