DCLT plans to steadily expand our capacity to preserve and sustain affordable housing in the years to come.
DCLT’s Five-Year goals are as follows:
- Focus on preservation of affordable housing.
- Make capital and energy efficient improvements to sustain a new generation of useful life in DCLT apartments that have been last renovated over 20 years ago.
- Expand rental housing development and acquire and preserve multi-family properties, targeting those with expiring income and rent restrictions.
- Advocate for permanently affordable housing, especially in neighborhoods with transit services, and other public services and facilities.
- Plan for sustaining and increasing operating capacity for the organization to include fundraising and developing new financing partnerships.