Durham Community Land Trustees (DCLT) is a community land trust that builds strong communities by developing, managing, and advocating for permanent affordable housing. DCLT offers residents with low and moderate incomes a stable foundation for achieving economic security in Durham, NC.
To us, there is no single issue greater than affordable housing.
- We believe in Community
- The majority of our board of directors are neighbors, homeowners and residents.
- We develop and manage homes for sale and for rent because our neighbors demand both.
- We prioritize relocating our current residents when needing to rehab their homes, and selling to our residents whenever possible.
- We believe in Equity
- We build strong partnerships with the city of Durham and other nonprofits to develop special-needs rental housing that can provide safe and affordable homes to individuals living with disabilities.
- We also build affordable houses for veterans and seniors.
- We believe in Sustainability
- We renovate properties in partnership with residents and local, regional and national organizations to create tangible, physical improvements for the community.
- We construct energy efficient homes to dramatically reduce tenants’ utility bills